There may be times when you need to scratch (remove) an athlete whom you've already registered to a meet. You can only do this before the registration period ends or before the scratch deadline (in case the meet host has specified a scratch deadline separate from the registration deadline). Here's how.
- Log in to your MeetVIP account.
- Once logged in, go to the meet details page of the meet where you want to scratch the athlete. The easiest way to do this is to click on View Joined Meets on your sidebar menu, which will load a list of meets you've joined on the MeetVIP platform. From here, you can click on the View button on the specific meet to load its details page.
- On the meet details page, you will see a status box along the top that indicates whether you're already registered to the meet or not. If you are viewing this page before the registration or scratch deadline, you'll see a button that says Modify Registration.
- If the registration or scratch deadline has passed, the button will only say View Registration. This means you can only view your roster for the meet, not change it.
- Click on the Modify Registration button. This will load the the Edit Roster page.
- On the Edit Roster page, you'll see a list of athletes you've registered to the meet. Each athlete will have a checkbox next to their name. Deselect (uncheck) the athlete's corresponding checkbox to remove them from the meet.
- Confirm and then submit your changes. If you are eligible for a refund, a refund request will be sent to the meet host.
- Although MeetVIP documents refund requests, the actual refunds are still settled outside of the MeetVIP system. Contact your meet host to find out how your refund will be processed.
- Your changes should now reflect on your meet roster.