After creating a meet on the USAG website, the next step is to activate the meet on MeetVIP. This is a critical part of setting up your meet. If you skip this step, you won't be able to accept registrations on MeetVIP.
This article describes how to activate your meet after creating it on USAG. Before you can do this, you should have completed the following:
- You have already created a sanction (meet) on the USAG website.
- You have already received an email with an activation link.
- You have already registered for an account at MeetVIP. (If you don't have an account yet, click here for instructions.)
With the above requirements are fulfilled, click on the activation link sent to you via email and proceed with the following steps:
- Log in to MeetVIP with your username and password.
- Make sure your gym profile contains your USAG club number. You can check by clicking on "Edit Gym Profile" on the sidebar menu.
- This is especially important as MeetVIP uses your USAG club number to connect the data from USAG to MeetVIP.
- Click on Home on the sidebar menu. There should be a box containing the meet name and a "Continue" button. Click on "Continue."
- You'll be prompted to choose whether to create the meet from scratch or overwrite an existing meet. Select the "Create new meet from scratch" option.
- You'll be taken to the meet creation form. This is essentially the same as creating a regular meet on MeetVIP, except some details will be pre-filled based on information from USAG. However, you'll need to fill out additional details, such as start and end dates for registration and fees for levels.
- Fill out the form with the necessary details.
- When you click on "Competition Settings" on the third tab, you won't see the levels you added from USAG. This is because there are no fees assigned to them yet. Click on the "Add Level" button near the bottom right of the page, and this will load the level selection popup. Your levels from USAG will appear preselected here, and you can choose whether to assign fees to them as a batch, or individually. Once you've saved these changes, the levels will now appear in the Levels table.
- The sanction number(s) for the meet will automatically load in the "USAG Sanction ID" field under the "Competition Settings" tab. For meets with multiple disciplines, sanction numbers will be separated by a comma. There's no need to edit this further.
- Once you've completely filled out the form, click on "Save and Submit" to publish your meet.
- You can now start accepting registrations.