By default, competition levels in a meet are set up for all-around athletes. To allow a meet to accept event specialists, you'll need to enable the option via the Create or Edit Meet form.
If a meet is properly configured for event specialists, registering gyms will see specialist event checkboxes on the registration form. Meanwhile, all-around athletes can still be registered by ticking the "All Around" checkbox. You may refer to the sample screenshot below.
Note that if the meet is not configured for event specialists, registering gyms wouldn't be able to see the additional options at all. Only the all-around option will be visible to them.
Here's how to set up specialist events for your meet:
- If you're editing an existing meet, click on "View Hosted Meets" on the sidebar menu and select the meet you want to enable event specialists for. If you're creating a meet, you can apply these settings during meet creation.
- On the Create/Edit Meet form, click on the "Competition Settings" tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page for the "Levels" section. Whether you choose to edit an existing level or add a new one, the event specialist option will be available in the level details popup window. Select or create the level you want to enable event specialists for.
- Below the "All Around Fees" fields, there is a checkbox whose label reads "Allow registration only for select events in this level." Click on this to show the event specialist options.
- You may now add or delete individual events and their corresponding fees:
- Click on "Add New Row" for each new event you want to list.
- Click on "Delete Row" to remove events.
- Note that adding and deleting rows is the only way to change how the events are ordered.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button to return to the Create/Edit Meet form. You'll see that the individual events now appear on the level table.
- Warning: Do not close the tab or exit the form here. Your changes still haven't been published at this point.
- When you are satisfied with all your changes to the meet, click on the green "Save and Submit" form. You'll see a confirmation message indicating that your changes were applied, and will be taken back to your list of hosted meets.
- Registering gyms will now be able to register their event specialists to your meet.